Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What's missing with The Muppets?

Last night I watch The latest offering from the Muppet Workshop, The Muppets. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but I was disappointed at the end of the show. There were some good and bad points to the experience, so let me break it down.

The Good
  • I really appreciated all the Muppet cameos. What do I mean by that? There have been a lot of Muppets over the years, and you have all of the main characters, but a lot of those creations have faded away. Everybody doesn't make an appearance, but as a viewer of the Muppet Show, I got to see some of my old favorites.
  • The celebrity cameos were really good. It isn't as well done as the Muppet Movie, but I still enjoyed them.
  • They did a great job of continuing the tradition of breaking the 4th wall.
The Bad
  • Is it just me, or is the first Muppet movie that isn't mostly about the Muppets? I'm sure someone was interested in Walter and his family, but I wasn't one of them.
  • The music wasn't inspired. I continually found myself wondering why these songs even existed.
  • I hate to be an elitist, and I know it's hard to match someone else's voice, but a lot of the voices missed the mark. I often found myself wondering who was speaking because I have a bad habit of not actually watching a movie if I lose interest and just listen to the audio.
All in all, it wasn't terrible, but it could have been a lot better. Check it out if you are a Muppet enthusist.

No comments:

Post a Comment