Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

So much for 'of the people, by the people, and for the people'

Well, it looks like this shut down might just happen. Won't it be wonderful to have our Federal government closed down for a while? We won't have to worry about listening to all the political jargon or any of the hateful comments from either side of the political fence. Oh wait, that's not what will happen with the shut down at all is it?

No, if there is a shut down later today, you can expect a huge increase in political jargon and name calling and instead there will just be a huge decrease in what the government normally does for us. That seems like a fair trade doesn't it? I don't think so either.

I'm not asking Washington to do everything for me, but I would at least like some mild form of promise that those politicians would be a little more faithful in the trust that the American people have placed in them. Most of the American people have much bigger concerns than what seems to be so important right now. At this point, I can't even tell what's so darn important that it gets in the way of keeping the basic operation of our country alive.

As I was thinking about writing this post, I thought of the words in the title that I snagged from the Gettysburg Address given by Abraham Lincoln. Why can't our politicians remember that this is a "of the people, by the people, and for the people" rather than a chance for elected officials to flex their political muscle? That's all I'm going to say about the subject for now.

Well, just one more thing...Dear Washington, please start thinking about the American people for just a minute instead of your own agendas and egos. (That goes for both sides of the party political machine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment