Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I still believe that one man can make a difference

One of my favorite shows growing up was Knight Rider. I know it was corny, but I wasn't the only one that learned about suspension of thanks to a talking crime-fighting car. Why do I bring this up? Am I going to get all 80's TV nostalgic on you? No, I bring it up for the closing line of the introduction to the show. In the opening montage we learn every week about the main character Michael Knight. More importantly we learn that he is working to prove that "one man can make a difference."

Do I believe that somewhat cliched TV message? I certianly do. I think that it is individuals that cause change-much more than groups. If nothing else, any powerful, world-changing group started with one person with an idea to change the world.

This is important because that one person can make a change for good or for bad. It's all a matter of what they are trying to do. It's a hard fact, but what we do with our lives has a lasting impact on more than just us. Every action and interaction has a lasting impact. So why not do your best to make the world a better place?

I'm not crazy enough to think that a smile and a kind word will fix all of the problems in the world, but I do think that I can make a difference in someone's life and that can have a bigger impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment