Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My latest Doctor Who rant

OK, I don't know about most of you out there, actually, I probably do. If you are a part of that group of people known as Whovians, you've probably spent most of the summer struggling to survive your Doctor Who withdrawal. I am not one of you when it comes to that.

Actually, there may be some other differences that I'll write about quickly. First, I love the Doctor. That does not mean Matt Smith or David Tennant. I love all 11 of the actors who have provided a basis for the Doctor. OK, I've got that out of my system. Now I can get to my regularly scheduled rant. (Click here to see my other Doctor Who related posts.)

So the BBC and the head writer for Doctor Who, one Stephen Moffat, decided that for the latest series (British for the American season) that they should split the season in half so there is less waiting between seasons. This is an idea that I do not approve. Let me put it to you this way. I've only seen three of the seven episodes of the sixth season so far. It's not that I don't want to know what has happened, but with the split season, I have no excitement about having to keep up. I've still got a couple of weeks before I will be missing out again.

Aren't I curious about what I'm missing? Not really. The new fandom for Doctor Who just can't keep quiet. I already know all of the major details from the episodes, and I've even heard some of the details about the upcoming stories. Even Moffat can't resist spoiling some of his stories. (I don't need to know about Kill Hitler or why Rory has to die in every episode.)

Anyway, that's my rant for now. I'll definitely have more soon.

(PS with all that said, I can't wait for Doctor Who to start again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment