Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Being up late at night is a dangerous thing

Why is it that I'm always up so late at night? It's probably because there are so many things I want to get done. I know I'd be able to get just as much done if I were to go to bed at a decent hour and get up early instead, but I think there is a desire in me that wants to stay up late and get stuff done. Unfortunately, the late-night me is also prone to staying up later because I don't want to push myself too hard.

It's really a lose-lose proposition. I don't get enough sleep, and then I stay up even later because I'm trying not to push myself too hard. Perhaps it's just a part of who I am, but I doubt it.

When I was a kid, my parents used to send me to bed at horrible times. (I mean 9pm is just barbaric.) I don't know why they would do such a thing, but I would usually be up 6 hours later raring and ready to go. This came in great for Saturday morning cartoons, but it didn't serve any other point. Well, maybe it helped them to get up in time to do whatever they needed to do, but I doubt it.

So here I am, trying to sort out my life and sleep patterns. I'll probably still be a night owl when it is all said and done, but at least I'm thinking about making changes. That has to count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment