Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I want to see They Might Be Giants live

I love the band known as They Might Be Giants. Ever since I heard them perform live on their CD, I've wanted to see them in concert. I've heard great things about the show that they put on and some of the videos I've seen on DVD and YouTube have really been entertaining.

I mentioned in my previous post about TMBG that I really love the lyrics of the band. They are smart and a little vague. There is no clear message in most of the songs so the listener can bring themselves into the interpretation. The band is actually on their 30th anniversary tour at the moment. I was a little disappointed to find out that they will be playing two shows within 2 hours of where I live. This is disappointing only because I will be in Colorado when they are playing. Fortunately, they will be playing in Boulder in November so I can see them then and there if I can free myself.

I'm not sure what my schedule will be like when I get to Colorado so I can't be sure I can go, but I think it will work out. Do yourself a favor and check this band out and see if you can see them live too. Check out the tour dates on the link below.

http://www.theymightbegiants.com/news/they-might-be-giants-join-us-2011-tour-across-america/

No comments:

Post a Comment