Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

National Novel Writing Month

National Novel Writing Month is about to start. November first will hit the East Coast in about 43 minutes depending on how long I work on this particular post. It's a crazy idea. Spend one month cranking out a novel. (For NaNoWriMo purposes, a novel will be at least 50,000 words.) This means you're going to have to average 1,667 words a day. It also means that you have to have a pretty good plan in place.

NaNoWriMo is in it's 12th year and growing bigger every year. I'm not even sure how many people are trying it this time around. I'm one of them, and I'm not sure if I'll do any better this year than I did last year. My niece being born messed things up a little bit, last time, and I'm not expecting any nieces or nephews this time around, so maybe I'll do a little better.

If you're interested, you can still get involved. Go to nanowrimo.org to sign up and try your hand at it. The site provides lots of useful tools including a great stats page that shows you your daily average output and what you need to write to finish up on time.

If you're interested in seeing how I'm doing, you can check out my user page. I also started a Tumblr to help struggling writers that you can check out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment