Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Star Trek the Next Generation (Top 12 Episodes-a prologue)

As a kid, there was only one Star Trek-the original series (refered to as TOS from now on.) I knew quite a bit about the adventures of Kirk and his merry band of explorers and the collection of red shirts that died on a regular basis. (My step dad knew more since he had every episode on hand to play on his VCR.)

I was so excited when commercials started talking about a new series, a new crew, and a new Enterprise. There would be a new group "boldly going where no one had gone before." I was not disappointed with that first episode as I met an android named Data, a "blind" pilot, a bald captain (who is French, but with a discernable British accent) and even a Klingon among many others.

The first season had some rough patches since someone decided that TNG (the Next Generation) should be a similar show to TOS. That didn't work out very well, but the writers overcame that issue, and the show took off and inspired Paramount to create several other shows.

I thought it would be interesting to look at the show, and my experiences with it. Since I am prone to doing Top 12 lists, I decided to pick the Top 12 Episodes of the show. I'm still working on the episodes at the moment, but this will get us started at least. Next post will be the worst episodes in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment