Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top 12 X-men-Number 3


There are moments where I love Wolverine and moments where I hate him. I love Wolverine when he's doing what he does best, but not when he's doing it the way the fans think he should. I don't know if that makes sense, but Wolverine is supposed to be a loner who still wants to be there for his friends. That's why he works with the X-men-he has a history with them, and he doesn't want to leave them on their own.

He did not have that bond with Alpha Flight. He probably shouldn't have it with the Avengers. That's just my opinion though.

When I think of Wolverine, I think of a guy that's just as likely to snap as he is to sit down. He's got amazing self control, but that isn't enough, and he knows his body and what it can do, but there are times that hes still going to tap into his feral side.

Let's talk about the basics quickly. Wolverine is a mutant with an accelerated healing factor. Because of the healing factor, he was given an adamantium skeleton and razor-sharp claws. He has also developed a hypersensitive sense of smell.

When do I love Wolverine? When he is the "I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn't pretty" kind of guy. He's the one that is facing down hundreds of Hand ninjas or beating a group of X-men in a training exercise. I loved when he would scrap with Rogue and she would always end up pinned to the ground with one of Wolverine's claws on each side of her head.

The Wolverine that I hate is the guy that is cool just because he is trying to be like the character from the movies. Don't get me wrong, I thought that Hugh Jackman did a great job in the role, but why to the comics keep trying to make these established characters like the modified ones from the movies? (Let's be honest. That's why One More Day Happened. Movie goers that started checking out comic books were confused to see Spidey married, so MJ had to go.)

Why does Wolverine rank so high, but not at the top? Sure Wolvie was the Horseman of Death, but Angel was first, and his reveal was much more impressive. Wolvie does run the school now, and a team of X-men, but that doesn't make any sense to me for his character. Also, he's with the Avengers all the time too, so how can I make him the number one guy? Wolverine may be an integral part of the team, but there are still two people that beat him out in my opinion.

Oh and for those of you that want to know, I'm not a fan of the yellow costume or the movie style outfit. I'd much rather seen the brown and black.

My favorite image of Wolverine.

No comments:

Post a Comment