Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cupcakes that don't have any cake in them?

OK, I won't deny that the whole cupcake craze is getting out of hand. I mean there are TV shows devoted to bakers who focus exclusively on cupcakes. Now I'm not talking about getting out the tray and dropping in the cups kind of cup cakes. These bakers are going all out. Crazy combinations of cake flavors and frosting with sculpting and advanced decorating as well.

I'm not too interested in advanced cupcake designs and all that. If I want a cupcake, I'd rather just have a simple one with a little frosting on top, and I certainly won't pay much to get a cupcake no matter how it looks.

 Now we get to the really crazy part, the newest trend in cupcakes-cupcakes without the cake. That's right some crazy cook out there got the idea to use their cupcake trays for something a little different. According to the story I was reading, it started with dishing up macaroni and cheese into the dishes to make it look more appetizing and easier to serve. I'm not sure all the different dishes that are getting served up this way, but there is one that caught my attention-lasagna. I love to eat lasagna, but it's so much trouble to make it that I hardly ever do. I think I'm going to have to check this out a little more and see how to make these.

No comments:

Post a Comment