Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Signs of the Apocalypse-Willow Smith will be touring with Justin Bieber

Well, I just saw a scary news story, Willow Smith, the 10-year-old singing sensation, is teaming up with Justin Bieber, another singing sensation that is often mistaken for a lesbian. I might be over reacting, but this does not sound like a good combination. It might just be part of one of those scrolls in Revelation. OK, I am over reacting. There's only one thing that keeps it from being that bad. I don't have to go to any of their concerts.

I have lots of issues with this anyway. First, who decided that "I whip my hair back and forth" was something that should be performed live? There's no way that Willow can actually sing and whip her hair. It works out fine in the video, but the poor girl's going to get whiplash and have to wear one of those goofy collars. Then she'll wish she could whip her hair back and forth.

More importantly, what are Will and Jada thinking letting their 10-year-old daughter go on tour? Will Smith has been there and should know what it will be like. How many stops will this tour be taking? How long before this poor girl either drops out from fatigue or ends up like the younger version of Drew Barrymore? (Thank God Drew got herself cleaned up.) It's not a good environment for such a young girl.

In other Willow Smith news, the article also says that Willow will be filling the starring role in the new remake of Annie. Wait a minute. Isn't Little Orphan Annie supposed to be a red head? How are they going to make that work? I'm not against diversity, I'm all in favor of it, but let's be fair to the source material. This sounds like it could be as bad as that one Disney TV version of Cinderella where the prince was Asian, but his Dad was George Costanza and his mother was black. (How does that make sense at all?)

OK, I've rambled on long enough. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the matter. Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment