Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

How rockin' was ABC's Rockin' New Year's party?

If you're like me, you don't spend much time watching the television on New Year's Eve. I just wait until just before midnight so I can officially know when midnight hits. I don't care about the rest of the nonsense that happens on the show. It's a matter of habit from growing up to pick ABC because my Mom always wanted to watch Dick Clark. (I think she may have had a thing for him.)

I'm not here to talk bad about Dick Clark. He had a stroke and that slowed the poor guy down. He hasn't recovered from it, and as a result he has a hard time being up until midnight, and looks a little weird when he gets to that point, but if you'd had a stroke, you wouldn't be doing nearly as well.

I do want to say that if Dick Clark is going to be a part of the show there needs to be something for the younger viewers to understand why he's involved with the show. All there needs to be is a short retrospective explaining that Dick Clark was the man who was unofficially in charge of what was good in rock music.

Anyway, back to what I really want to say: I'm no longer the audience for Dick Clark's Rockin' New Eve. (yeah, it's supposed to have the Ryan Seacrest tag on there, but I don't really know who Ryan Seacrest is, so I'm not adding it.) I'm not interested in seeing that Korean band that sings about G6s that don't actually exist, or unpopular songs from bands that I don't like. I don't want to see the aging lead singer for Train even if he isn't singing to his soul sister, and that "Cooler than Me" guy isn't any better when he isn't talking about how uncool he is.

I guess I'm glad the TV will tell me when the new year is officially here, but I think I need to find a show where they just have the count down and then go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment